M-Squared Lasers Limited (we) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms of Website Use and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.m2lasers.com (our site) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
We are a limited liability company and data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (Act). We are registered in Scotland with registered number SC243330 and have our registered office at Venture Building, West of Scotland Science Park, Glasgow, G20 0SP, Scotland, United Kingdom.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Stuart Malcolm.
Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us - You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our resource centre site, place an order, wish to contact us, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, financial and credit card information.
Information we collect about you - We may collect and process any or all of the following data about you:
1. if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
2. details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access; or
3. technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us - We will use this information:
1. to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
2. to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
3. to notify you about changes to our service;
4. to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you - We will use this information:
1. to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
2. to measure or understand the effectiveness of marketing and communications to you;
3. to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about our products and services that may interest you or them;
4. to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
5. as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about products or services similar to those which were subject of a previous service to you.
If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) only if you have consented to this.
Disclosure of information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
1. Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
2. Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
3. Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
1. In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
2. If M-Squared Lasers Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
3. If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Website Use and Ice Bloc Ecommerce Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of M-Squared Lasers Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.